Little Bits Kits allow you to create simple circuits with magnetic parts. Learn about power, switches, and motors and easily incorporate electrical components into prototypes and designs.
LittleBits includes different types of colour-coded magnetic modules. Place the modules in different combinations to create different kinds of circuits. Each circuit should have a:
|Blue Power Module||This will start every circuit you create|
|Pink Input Module||This will send signals to the modules after it|
|Green Output Module||This will complete an action or task|
Follow these steps to create your first circuit:
1. Connect the battery & cable to the blue power module & turn it on
2. Connect the blue power module to any pink input module
3. Connect the pink input module to any green output module
4. Press the button, switch or lever on your pink input module & then see what happens!
TIP: The magnets in each module will only connect one way. If you're having trouble connecting your modules, try rotating them until they fit together.
You will need:
1. Start by building a simple circuit:
2. Place your circuit on top of the cardboard tube & wrap it with an elastic band. Fit the battery & LED inside the tube.
3. Place a small cup in the front of the tube to diffuse the light.
4. Turn on your power source & press the button to go exploring.
Interested in using LittleBits in your classroom, but not sure where to start? Contact your Librarian, Muyi Ogunleye (firstname.lastname@example.org) for support and resources.
Use LittleBits to introduce your students to:
Watch Ayah Bdeir, founder of LittleBits explain how this resource can impact learning and democratize access to and understanding of technology
Not sure how LittleBits applies to your classroom? LittleBits could be used in ANY classroom -- not just STEM classrooms.
Beyond helping users understand basic electricity & circuitry, LittleBits can be used to teach innovative thinking, problem-solving, design & teamwork. Here's how: