Centennial Libraries can help you adopt, adapt, create an OER in the following ways:
1. Help you identify repositories to search for OER resources.
2. Suggest resources to find open content (e.g. images) that you can add to your OER.
3. Advise on Creative Commons licenses and copyright compliance.
4. Instruct on appropriate attribution style.
5. Preserve your finished material in the Institutional Repository (CORe).
Contact your liaison librarian for more information.
Best practice is to check with your Chair about making your course materials open. Centennial’s IP Policy can provide further guidance. Keep in mind that you are responsible for making sure that your material includes content (e.g. images) with appropriate attributions and that you can release with an open license. See the Creative Commons tips on remixing.