• Canadian Points of View Reference Centre, Wikipedia, Google
• Course material (GNED 500 global citizenship: from social analysis to social action)
• Ask: What about Terrorism and Canada do I want to investigate?
• Ask: Who, What, Where, When, Why
• Select a database appropriate
• Refine results
Encompassing inquiry, discovery, and flexibility, searching identifies both possible relevant sources and how to access those sources. Searching is a contextualized, complex experience that affects, and is affected by, the cognitive, affective, and social dimensions of the searcher.
With research groups, use the Strategic Searching Worksheet to identify keywords in order to retrieve relevant information in the library catalogue and databases.