Welcome to Centennial College's PW312 Civil Engineering Design and Construction Practices guide. This guide will introduce you to the processes and resources needed to successfully complete your papers and assignments.
1. Searching as Strategic Exploration:
- Identify a list of keywords specific to your topic in order to retrieve relevant news and journal articles in a library database for your research assignment.
2. Authority is Constructed and Contextual
- Evaluate websites by identifying currency, authority, credibility, and relevancy in order to identify and retrieve web resources that can be used in your research assignment.
3. Information Creation as a Process
- Assess the fit between a particular information need and an information product’s creation process (i.e. book, article, government website, statistics, website, scholarly, newspaper, textbook, video etc).